News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SOLD:: Sterling Silver Olangapo bracelet custom made NOT $269 NOW $229

Started by dmh, May 10, 2015, 02:05:58 AM

dmh

Olongapo Watch Bracelets

These bracelets were popular with  military personnel during the Viet Nam War.  Originally handcrafted in the city of Olongapo (located near Subic Bay Naval Station), in the Philippines  from liberated US Navy Stainless Steel serving spoons. Custom made to order with any crest or almost anything else  you wanted attached. Also they were not just popular with UDT members and Special Forces as the internet would have you believe.They were (cheap &)  popular with any GI who went on R&R there & stayed sober long enough to buy one. When I came back from Korea in 1967, I was sent to Fort Ord. Everyone in my Infantry Battalion was a returnee from overseas .Mostly from Viet Nam and Korea. Several in my company had one of these bracelets. The one I remember the best had FTA on one side. How cool is that?

I never made it to the Philippines, so I didn't get one and probably wouldn't have if I 'd been there. No interest in watches or bands at all back then.. I found an original second or third hand one years ago. Mounted it on a Seiko 6105. Ten years ago, while on vacation in Mexico, I came into some unexpected & unearned money. Found a small vintage watch (mostly dress watches & nothing for me to buy) shop family owned and run. One of the sons wanted to see my bracelet. He looked disappointed when he found out it was stainless. Said it would sell better if sterling silver. He wanted to have it duplicated in sterling silver. We made a deal on the spot. He knew a silversmith that could make 2 copies in 2 days. He pays for his and I pay for mine. If either of us don't like the work, we owe nothing. To make a long story short, the silversmith did a fabulous job. It was a perfect recreation. He even copied the dents in the clasp that were due to years of wear.

Price  is $229 via normal paypal
Price is $219 via alternate paypal method with no fees to me.
Free USPS shipping within the US. (either payment method OK)
Will  ship International--Cost depends on location--message me for rates
email
USAsgtE5@gmail.com
Thanks for looking.
dmh

dmh

Price cut of $40.
Was $269/$259
Now $229/$219

Time to move it out.

Best,
dmh

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign