News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Moonphase Movements

Started by edgeofsanity, August 27, 2015, 05:53:23 AM

edgeofsanity

So I saw this Zodiac on the internets....

Actually, I've seen quite a few Zodiacs on the internet lately, as I've gotten it into my head that I want a vintage Triple Date Moon Phase.  Obviously I've been perusing the 'bay as well as many other sites, and I was struck by the difference in movements.
I read in another post here that Zodiac used ebauche movements and then finished them in-house, so I recognize that there might be some differences in the basic parts they sourced, but I don't know enough about vintage watches to know whether or not these variances make a difference in functionality, reliability, or- (probably most importantly for old watches like these)- serviceability.

For instance,  I've seen movements that appear to be identical except that some have regulator pointers, and others that seemed to be lacking them.

Anybody have any insight here?

Oh, also, thanks for creating this forum!  Very little info on these Zodiacs anywhere else, so it's nice to finally find some other people who are keen on knowning more about them.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign