News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New find and Maybe a stupid question

Started by poolside13, January 29, 2016, 01:31:22 PM

poolside13

Hello all,
Been on here for a while but this is my first post.

So I was perusing a garage / estate sale and found this Caliber 86 SST36000 for about 10 dollars.  I have never had a hi-beat watch so that part was kind of cool.  The Crown was obviously replaced at one point and not installed properly, so after time of using the date quickset feature it had collapsed upon itself and the stem had pushed through, separating the outside from the inside.  The crystal was (and still is) in bad shape, needing replacement at a later date.

I was able to locate a suitable crown from my watch graveyard and install.  Gave her a wind and everything worked great!  That hi-beat, sweeping second hand is too cool.

Went to bed and when i woke up, it had stopped running.  Wound her up again and she took off right away.  Super accurate too.

But alas, the next day she had stopped again.

So...  Am I looking at a bad mainspring?  Not a pro watch service guy by any means (would like to be someday).

Thanks and look forward to your opinions.
Karl

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign