News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

wonderful looking sea wolf today

Started by jon p, March 03, 2016, 10:11:39 AM

jon p

:what :#banghead :#Censored  and today ladies and gentlemen, we have a SW to probably steer way clear of!! check out ebay # 351664872176. "dial in good condition" , wow, I would hate to see it in BAD condition! either terrible sun damage, the famous "tropical dial", OR maybe some sea water got in sometime??!! HUMMM? black second hand but silver H/M hands. "machine oiled recently", runs good. notice there is no pic of "machine. " replaced crown, ETC ETC. I believe this seller is the same one that used to sell under "big ben" also in Manila. my public service message for today ,boys and girls.  :twothumbsup :lafing

Blubarb

:ur   

Hahaha...I am still laughing over that one.  :rofl

So, Jon, what do you think of this then... and all SS except for the strap   :lafing    Am I wrong to laugh?

# 131741512714

YuriyV

Wow, #131741512714 is the most ridiculous franken Sea Wolf I've seen so far.

jon p

:#Censored :#Clapping :butchLOL; :nosmily now that IS a piece of WORK!!! it USED to be a sea wolf, didn't it! someone really had fun doing that all wrong redial and incorrect hands! I guess the hands don't matter since everything else is wrong including the crown!! that is the later 21 jewel mvt, probably 1970s. only 399.00, wow I wonder who the lucky new owner will be!?  BUYER BEWARE.

Butch

:no not me

Over the past 20 years I have seen these things pop up, from time to time, from all over the world. I would really love to know who is re-manufacturing these monstrosities.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

YuriyV

jon p

Quote from: YuriyV on March 04, 2016, 10:53:05 AM
Bombay Special?
that is exactly what I was going to say!! there are a lot of these weird RE-dials coming from that area. there must be a shop that cranks them out. a lot are weird COLORS, and the dials are never like the original ! :butchLOL; :SB:

YuriyV

After closer look, I'd admit #131741512714 is way more ridiculous that usual Bombay "species".
Look at it. In addition to refinished fantasy dial, case polished to death, replated bezel, wrong hands and crown, they assembled the movement from assorted parts.
Back cover states it should be 72B. Although the hacking feature is missing. Probably it is 70-72. Rotor taken from 88D (Astrographic). Who knows what else is out there. I bet there are 17j not 21. Because rotor intentionally covers that area where jeweled arbors are.
It is not Bombay I think. They usually do redial and it is good to go.  :transformergun

incountry

Jon,  that's 399 in British pounds; equates to 566 greenbacks and you get to pay another $41 in shipping!
Man, what a bargain.  :rofl

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

Quote from: incountry on March 08, 2016, 10:14:30 PM
Jon,  that's 399 in British pounds; equates to 566 greenbacks and you get to pay another $41 in shipping!
Man, what a bargain.  :rofl
:#C :#Clapping    MY BAD, I thought it was "amurican" money!!!!!!!! wow, at $600. plus it is such a BARGAIN.  :twothumbsup :secrethand

incountry

Hey Jon; the Frankenwolf is still available for another 15 days.  How's this for a crazy coincidence;
the listing ends on April Fool's Day!!    :lafing 

jon p

:secrethandYUP, it is just waiting for some fool to fall for it and drop their cash!!  :#Clapping :butchLOL;

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign