News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

This has been brought to my attention - what do you think?

Started by Blubarb, March 04, 2016, 09:01:27 PM

Blubarb

:coolsmiley

Might be on the market soon: 

Besides the brassing on the bezel and incorrect bracelet I think, is there anything else anyone wants to comment on, especially the dial?

The seller is intending on a clean up and service then selling but no price discussed as yet. I am in two minds (and for that I usually apply the "when in doubt leave it out" rule). What do you guys think would be a fair asking price? It's apparent provenance is one owner and bought in Vietnam (but aren't they just about all  :rofl)

Thoughts?

jmh86325

Blubarb

It looks like an ok 11-GMT2. I was thinking around 250 as is. so not far off. Maybe tops 400 if it was cleaned and serviced? What do you think?

jon p

try $250. it looks good, but bezel is rough. dial is excellent , it is early 1960s ,I think, due to the early skinny hands AND  red ARROW TIP gmt hand. I like these hands better than the later blunt ones. I think the bezel would clean up buy finishing the removal of the black paint and just leaving it silver color. these are brass under the plating so go slow in paint removal.

Blubarb

My understanding now is that the seller wants to have it cleaned and serviced (Aghhh - I would want BWG to do that if I wanted it cleaned or serviced). I suspect this will be in those crazy prices category when sale ready.

You know...the ones I am attracted to... :lafing

jon p

:twothumbsup contact the seller and make him an offer AS IS, no service ,and see what happens. BWG should do this one, maybe he has a "fix" for the bezel paint loss. :BGW: :BGW:  these paint finishes were very fragile, if you see a perfect one it is either NOS or never worn. the later bezels were plastic inserts and held up better.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign