News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

wow

Started by gwells, March 05, 2016, 12:48:32 AM

gwells

i don't even know what to say to this. "gold filled?" more like "lame gold paint job."

Blubarb

jon p

good morning ,guys! believe it or not this IS an original solid GOLD bezel SEA WOLF!! it has the gold hands as it should. it USED to be a white dial but long exposure to SUN has given it the "deep bronze " color the seller describes!! I have seen this dial damage also referred to as a "tropical dial"!! :lolz;  the gold bezel is 9KT solid gold, notice the deep coin edge,it is much thicker than the chrome standard bezel. of course, the bracelet is all WRONG, the original was a JBC jubilee with gold plated links and clasp. too bad the dial is so messed up, the gold trim dial, hour markers are gold, is hard to find. a white dial would work, with silver markers, but someone who knows zodiacs would spot it quick. I would rather have an incorrect NICE dial than the nasty thing it has now.has anyone seen the collection of a bunch of black/white dials for SWs on e-bay now??  :SB:

gwells

i can believe it's possible that part of this may be original. but the bezel is painted. you can actually see silver through the brush marks near the 9 and brush marks throughout. and the bracelet is 100% painted gold.

Butch

If you are going to collect Zodiacs you should get a subscription to the Catalogs site. That is a two-tone SW from the 70's with a 10K solid gold bezel. You can tell by the shape of the edges.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

gwells

i guess i'll bow to the experts, and i know there's a solid gold bezel model. but honestly, this bezel closeup (saved and cropped and posted on imgur) sure looks painted on to me. i see brush marks and silver shining through, not something i would expect with a solid gold bezel.

Butch

Please read the forum rules about posting pictures. Make sure you have permission from the owner to post them here.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign