News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Question about picture publishing policy taken from eBay

Started by YuriyV, March 15, 2016, 11:07:38 AM

YuriyV

According to the forum rules, it is not allowed to post pictures from others without their permission. No questions on that.
As well as no links to existing auctions. Got it.
But what about screen shots of that auctions taken by me and published here?
It is not a link. And is not a taken picture from others per se? It is my picture from public site I can see on my monitor. And I share with others on this site.
Providing screen shot pictures is an assets for topics we discuss in this sub forum. After max of 60 days, the auction item number become useless. They just archive the item. And later readers have no clue what was discussed in the topic. :rolleyes;
Disclaimer: attached picture was taken from my auction. So it meets all requirements I reckon.

Butch

You raise some good points! i will have to talk to SW about this. I like it, BUT, they would have to be shrunk and compressed and not sure everyone would do that. Also not sure about about our current storage capacity. Let's get SW to weigh in on this.

In the mean time change your picture to auction NOT yours as we do not allow you to advertise your auctions here.

;)
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

YuriyV

Butch

gwells

Quote from: Butch on March 15, 2016, 12:28:32 PM
You raise some good points! i will have to talk to SW about this. I like it, BUT, they would have to be shrunk and compressed and not sure everyone would do that. Also not sure about about our current storage capacity. Let's get SW to weigh in on this.

it wouldn't be an issue with storage capacity if the poster used an image hosting site, like imgur or photobucket and linked to the hosted image of a screenshot. And Imgur allows the image to be resized and cropped inside of imgur (just click on edit image after uploading).

just a thought.

Butch

And a good one! Thanks for the suggestion. We just need to figure out the logistics once SW chimes in.

Thanks all!

Butch

OK guys, while a great idea, I really don't want to go down this road. Now that I am home and not on my damn phone, a little research on screenshots and copyright vs. fair use has shown me that we can get jammed up. And as I have already had a spat with eBay I just do not want to go there. They have a lot more money than I do and I really don't like them to boot. Remember, while educational, this site is simply a hobby. We don't want to have to shut it down.

Yeah, I know, I am a wuss. But I have been on the Internet since it started and I have seen so many things change and go in directions I never thought they would have that I just don't need the hassles.

Good thought though! Here is another one.

Rather than post: White dial SW, 1234567890. what do you think?

Why not actually post what you see and what you want to know more about, along with the auction number? I do this in reverse when I post an auction number and ask what is wrong with this picture. Maybe I can do this by stating that the seller says is is a NOS 1990's SSW model, here is the auction, what's wrong.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/topic,2465.msg10625.html#msg10625

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign