News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New to the Forum, and to the Zodiac brand.

Started by Jamayfield, July 19, 2016, 12:51:11 AM

Jamayfield

Howdy folks!

I recently purchased my first vintage Zodiac, A Super Sea Wolf Chronograph, and have been learning more about the brand, and it's following. I have been lurking here a while and figures I'd say "nice to meet you all".

:new

John

Edited to add a  little more info...

evghenii

Jamayfield

Here is the front, and the movement. It is a little rough, and is in for repairs. I do have a little confession, as I posted before, I was not familiar with the brand and purchased it in a thrift sore for $7.99 and figured at the worst I was out only 8 bucks. Needless to say, I was surprised when I found out what I had. Butch was very helpful in identifying it for me!

jon p

:twothumbsup first, let me welcome you to our great forum, you will love it here! your amazing find will go down in history here as a legend! WOW, hard to believe. i always look at the watches at my local thrift store, but all I find are the 3.00 when new quartz items!! :sici :#C  you need to really consider letting BWG do a full restoration on that baby. :sm3

ndpadgett

John,

Welcome. You will find the Forum full of helpful folk who are Zodiac nuts!

Most of them will gladly purchase a Zodiac from you at prices far above what you paid for them. For instance I would gladly give you $16 for your Zodiac, what an offer!! Doubled your money straight away!! If you reluctantly decide to hang on to it, previous advice regarding getting it fixed up by BWG is definitely the way to go. :BGW:

Enjoy and welcome once more.

Neil.

Jamayfield

Thanks all!  I am giving a local watch repairman a shot first, I like keeping business local if possible. I will post pics when it is finished. So far what I know is, the chronograph mechanism works, it runs, just needs a new mainspring. I am on the fence about having it restored, time (pardon the pun) will tell!

ndpadgett

Good luck, I hope it all works out well for you. Don't forget to post a couple more pictures when it is all up and running again.

Cheers,

Neil.

Jamayfield

I will make sure to post pics! Also if I decide I don't like it, I have an offer to double my money!  :P

John

incountry

:welc to the forum.  You've got a lot of nerve making your first post about a Sea Wolf chrono that you stole for $7.99! You should really feel guilty if that thrift store was operated by a church.  You can send the watch and any bad karma that goes with it to me to help ease your conscience.   :lafing 

Jamayfield

All righty, got the watch back and here is a pic of the movement now. My guy did a great job, and it was 300.00 for the repairs / cleaning, so for 308.00 I am pleased  :D

The front looks pretty much the same, just cleaner, and a small bit of the tachymeter scale at the 9 o'clock position is gone now.

Now comes the big decision, keep it, or sell it. I may hold onto it for a few years, as the Valjoux72 movement is no longer made. Time (once again that bad pun!) will tell!

incountry

Nice looking watch John!  Congrats on a great first purchase; enjoy it.  :twothumbsup

Butch

Well, if you do decide to sell it, don't go to fantasy land like this eBay seller did. 152205258044.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

NOT ENOUGH WRIST TIME

So.... $ 308.00 in it....wear it often and in 3 to 5 yrs or more  get your into-it funds back.. won't be  hard to do that... for sure

Jamayfield

Quote from: Butch on August 14, 2016, 12:03:49 PM
Well, if you do decide to sell it, don't go to fantasy land like this eBay seller did. 152205258044.

Yeah, the person who is listing it has delusions of grandeur.

poulbrix

Now come on Butch, remember it is the rare brown dial version  :laugh:

Butch

Quote from: poulbrix on August 15, 2016, 07:16:28 PM

Now come on Butch, remember it is the rare brown dial version  :laugh:

:sam
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign