News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Cal.70-72 and Cal.76 query

Started by delroyb, January 09, 2017, 04:12:29 PM

delroyb

Hi there all.

Recently acquired my first Zodiac, a slightly sad Sea Wolf with a Cal 70-72. Overall, it is not too bad, a bit of brassing on the bezel etc, but no massive dinks. Dial is passable as well. The problem being, it is missing the bulk of it auto gear, the weight is there and the circular bridge for the winding gears, but the winding gears and support bridge are missing.

My question is, would the auto parts froma Cal.76 be interchagable, as I can get my hands on one?

Any help is really appreciated.

Lawrence

YuriyV

I'm not BWG, just my two cents.
Yes, auto winding module is interchangeable among all auro calibers in the family. Only discrepancy may occur in finish pattern on bridges. And different writings on the rotor.

Ultra-Vintage

The auto assembly from the Caliber 76 will work on a 70-72, as they share the same base caliber overall.  Since you have the 70-72 signed rotor, you can just switch it.  As mentioned, the finishes can be different, however that could be the case with another rotor assembly from a 70-72 as well as I have seen at least a few dozen variations or more in finish on these movements.

delroyb

Awesome, exactly the news I was hoping for. Thanks guys.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign