News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SOLD::: ELGIN USA ORD DEPT WWII US Military Issued watch..RUNNING..$90..

Started by dmh, March 29, 2017, 09:51:19 AM

dmh

Offering a US Military Issued World War II  ELGIN ORD DEPT watch in as found condition. Purchased at an antique show over 15 years ago and stored in a box since then. Most of these WWII watches were issued in base metal cases. They didn't hold up well at all .  So a directive was issued toward the end of the War, that when they came in for a service they were to be re cased in "water proof cases". Of course these cases weren't really water proof, but they were made of Stainless Steel and a big improvement on the corroded base metal cases they replaced. On the watch was a Stainless Steel spring type band which I think is period correct. I have seen quite a few issued watches from this period with bands like this. This band is in exceptional condition. No kinks, bends or stretched places. The band could probably pass for new old stock. This ELGIN is 72 -75 years old , so it has seen some wear. Most of the scratches are on the back. The crystal is crack and chip free. The Stainless Steel case is very nice with no dings or dents. You or your watchmaker may be able to clean up the dial some. But, I really don't know.  Service history is unknown, but I know for a fact, it has not had a service in the last 15 years. I highly recommend a service if planning on wearing it. I wound it a few turns just to make sure it was running and it kept good time for about 6 hours until it ran down.

Questions are welcomed and gladly answered.

Price  is $95 via normal paypal.
Price is  $90 via alternate paypal method with no fees to me.
Free USPS shipping within the US. (either payment method OK)
Will ship International.
Email me for cost to your location.
email
USAsgtE5@gmail.com
Thanks for looking.
dmh

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign