News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Vintage Zodiac Astrographic

Started by Phantasm, April 08, 2017, 06:52:36 PM

Phantasm

Hey all,

My first post here and really liking the site!

I recently came across a Zodiac Astrographic, just like the one pictured (hopefully) in the avatar, and would like to know if there is a manual for it somewhere on the site. Most things are pretty basic, I suppose, but I can't figure out how to get the date to change at midnight rather than at noon, for example. And I'd like to know more about the watch in general. Is there a way to figure out what year it was manufactured?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

YuriyV

Quote from: Phantasm on April 08, 2017, 06:52:36 PM
My first post here and really liking the site!

Welcome!

Quote from: Phantasm on April 08, 2017, 06:52:36 PMI can't figure out how to get the date to change at midnight rather than at noon, for example.

If hands aligned properly then when date flips, it is a midnight. Nothing special.

Quote from: Phantasm on April 08, 2017, 06:52:36 PMAnd I'd like to know more about the watch in general. Is there a way to figure out what year it was manufactured?

Late sixties / early seventies.

Phantasm

Thanks so much for the reply, YuriyV.

I hate to sound like such a newbie (literally!) but I've never owned an automatic watch before, so all responses are greatly appreciated.

Wind the hands forward 12 hours...... of course!  :laying <----- Yep, a newbie alright.

I've read elsewhere that the Quickset date function shouldn't be messed with during certain times, such as when the hour hand is between 9 and 3 -- the upper half of the watch. Is there any truth to that? I've also heard not to adjust it between 10 and 2...

I'd love to find a manual for the Astrographic. Is one available somewhere?

Thanks again for the info. It's great to be here. I've wanted a Zodiac for so long and am thankful my wife thinks enough of me to gift me with one.  8)

YuriyV

Quote from: Phantasm on April 09, 2017, 02:41:22 PM
I've read elsewhere that the Quickset date function shouldn't be messed with during certain times, such as when the hour hand is between 9 and 3 -- the upper half of the watch. Is there any truth to that? I've also heard not to adjust it between 10 and 2...

It is true. Don't use quick set between 21 and 3. It will not flip the date. On that position gears of date setting module are engaged. And will prevent quick set. Knowing this particular movement, I don't think any damage expected. Although it is possible to smash something if press aggressively.

Quote from: Phantasm on April 09, 2017, 02:41:22 PMI'd love to find a manual for the Astrographic. Is one available somewhere?

I did not see it on sale yet. But everything is possible. Keep eyes open.

Quote from: Phantasm on April 09, 2017, 02:41:22 PMThanks again for the info. It's great to be here. I've wanted a Zodiac for so long and am thankful my wife thinks enough of me to gift me with one.
She is a real precious.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign