News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SOLD: Waltham FSSC-88-W-800 US NAVY Issue Military Pilots watch WWII serviced..

Started by dmh, May 31, 2017, 02:09:45 PM

dmh

Offering a US Navy issued FSSC-88-W-800 watch from World War II. The US Army version is an A-11 and is much more common. Both were issued to pilots and navigators. Has a 16 jewel hand wound Waltham 6/0-B movement, serial # 31815863 which dates it to 1944. Waltham is printed in black under the 12. The watch, in its original case is very presentable and looks much better than the pictures make it look. It does have some scratches on the case, but very little brassing can be seen when wearing. Most of the brassing is on the underside and not noticeable while wearing. Just back from a  service this month (cleaned, oiled & adjusted) . Winds, sets and keeps good time but on a full wind, it only runs 18 or 19 hours. I'm sure due to a weak mainspring. If you wind it twice a day, it shouldn't be a problem. Since my watchmaker is not local and has a habit of keeping watches a very long time, I decided not to send it back and sell it as it is at a reduced price.
Comes on a NOS(New Old Stock) period correct spring type expansion band. Many of the WWII Issued watches I've found had similar bands attached. Probably available in the PX at the time.

Questions are welcomed and gladly answered.

Price  is $189 via normal paypal.
Price is  $179 via alternate paypal method with no fees to me.
Free USPS shipping within the US. (either payment method OK)
Will consider shipping  International depending on location.
Email me for cost to your location.
email
USAsgtE5@gmail.com
Thanks for looking.
dmh

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign