News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New Member, New Sea Wolf

Started by ampro, June 09, 2017, 04:54:13 PM

ampro

Just picked up this gem after hunting for a sea wolf for years, and would like to know more about it. With the white bezel it seems to be from the early 70's from my research, does that sound about right? Also were bi-directional bezels the norm on sea wolfs? It's relatively tight and still clicks but spins both ways.

Runs like....well, a Swiss watch and has what looks to be the original signed bracelet and signed crown.

Cheers

jmh86325

very nice find...but i expect there will be more seawolf's in your future :twothumbsup

get it serviced and wear it often

YuriyV

Quote from: ampro on June 09, 2017, 04:54:13 PM
Just picked up this gem after hunting for a sea wolf for years, and would like to know more about it. With the white bezel it seems to be from the early 70's from my research, does that sound about right?

Right.

Quote from: ampro on June 09, 2017, 04:54:13 PMAlso were bi-directional bezels the norm on sea wolfs?

All Sea Wolves 1950-70 are bi-directional.

Quote from: ampro on June 09, 2017, 04:54:13 PMIt's relatively tight and still clicks but spins both ways.

Needs cleaning.

Quote from: ampro on June 09, 2017, 04:54:13 PMRuns like....well, a Swiss watch

:agreei Service it and it will run for years.

Quote from: ampro on June 09, 2017, 04:54:13 PMand has what looks to be the original signed bracelet and signed crown.

Crown is good. Did not see such bracelet on Sea Wolf though. Is it JB Champion on the clasp inside?

ampro

Thanks for the info!

The bracelet itself is a bit puzzling. I bought it expecting it to be a JB champion, it looks like one but it's not marked as one.
On the inside of the clasp it's marked "stainless steel USA" and the it has the zodiac wordmark.

Ultra-Vintage

The bracelet might be a mish-mash.  From the pics it looks like the end pieces do not quite fit flush against the case either?

ampro

No they don't, they're little bit bent too. I didn't think too much of it as I noticed a few other sw's on there with the end links not touching the case.

Maybe it's off another zodiac

dmh

A lot of end pieces on Sea Wolf bracelets don't fit exactly right. It is almost rare to find one that is a perfect fit.

Butch

The original end pieces were "adjustable" and needed to be fitted. The same holds true for the VZ bands I had customized for me. Once properly adjusted the original end pieces fit perfectly on the model they were intended for.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

I have to adjust the end-pieces on nearly every original Zodiac bracelet that comes in.  They get beat up, stretched out and smashed, especially over decades of use.  However, the originals have the correct curvature to fit the case so that they can fit properly once adjusted.  I thought that it looked like his end-pieces were not correct for the case in the pics, but it may just appear that way in the picture angle.

ampro

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on June 14, 2017, 11:24:01 AM
However, the originals have the correct curvature to fit the case so that they can fit properly once adjusted.  I thought that it looked like his end-pieces were not correct for the case in the pics, but it may just appear that way in the picture angle.

I took the bracelet off and can confirm that the curvature is correct, and they sit up agains the case well. They're also really smushed and not the greatest looking.

Butch

Well, it is almost 50 years old man... "It gives it personality" as they say.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign