News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Panda Valjoux 72

Started by galavanter, November 19, 2017, 06:21:21 PM

galavanter

I'd appreciate opinions on above. I love the look, but would like input on unsigned crown and case back, dial, and movement. It is all stainless steel case right? Thanks in advance.

galavanter

Well I doubt I'll bid, but I think this is an original Zodiac Valuoux 72 3 register chronograph. I came across the one below and a couple Clebars that looked the same. Also an identical used dial that went for $50 bucks. That gave me pause. Seller claims it is all stainless steel, and 36mm without crown. But what do I know...

For such a beauty I expected to see a write up somewhere, but I couldn't find any...
Anything here I haven't come across?

Butch

I am just not a Chrono guy. I am hoping UV will weigh in on this. I know he was having power issues over the weekend though.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Sorry, the poor performance of our regional ultility company after a weekend-long severe windstorm prevented me from checking in earlier  :nosmily

I had the auction you listed on my watched items too as it is not a very common model and I have not seen one sell in a while.  It looked to be all straight, as those were signed Zodiac on the movement and inside the caseback.  I put an original Zodiac crown on mine, but I believe they came with an unisgned crown when new (as with most of the vintage Zodiac chronos).  For one that they are telling you needs serviced, I think it fetched a pretty decent price.  Considering the auction price combined with what they will have to pay for a proper service (not easy to find these days, especially with chronographs), this model has appreciated 3X-4X or more in the last couple of years.

galavanter

Wow, too funny. I had no idea the pic above was yours or from anyone connected to VZ. I just now clicked on the link in your post, saw Russellville, and realized I had come across that recently. I'm not a frequent visitor, and didn't even take note of the watermark.

Yeah I might have bid had I not picked up my first decent chrono last week. My money is scarce enough, so I went for a historically significant movement in a relatively new model, ca. 1999. I crossed my fingers about the accuracy, and I got lucky in that it still just barely remains a true chronometer. If I do pick up a vintage that needs work, I'll get in touch.

Butch you might even like this one, as I was looking for a more refined look, as opposed to sporty. The square pushers help with that.

Ultra-Vintage

That one is definitely a nice addition to the collection  :sm3

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign