News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New Member Looking for ID & Info on my 70's(?) Zodiac Automatic

Started by Luthiensdad, April 18, 2018, 11:48:23 AM

Luthiensdad

Hello, & thanks for admitting me as a member. I just acquired this Zodiac automatic day/date & would appreciate any help you can offer by way of identification & additional information. It has a "76" movement & is running well. The case is unusual in that it is faceted with 12 facets, & I can't find a similar one online. Based on its style I would guess it was made in the 1970's perhaps. The serial number from the case back inside is 863 745. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer. I have some photos of it but am getting an HTTP 500 error each time I try to post them as attachments.

Luthiensdad

Ultra-Vintage

Definitely 70s.  The Caliber 76 is a 21600bph movement.  Interesting case.  I have seen nearly that identical watch with a normal round top "tonneau" shaped case many times, but I do not know that I have seen it with the facets like that (if I have it has been a long time).

Luthiensdad

Thank you very much for the reply Ultra-Vintage. Yeah, I couldn't find a similar case either, looking on eBay & Google Images. Anywhere else to try looking that you know of? Thanks again,

YuriyV

Faceted case (745) was available in yellow gold plated and stainless for 76 and 86 (SST) calibers.
Respectively 763 745 and 762 745 - 863 745 and 862 745

Round case has another (but similar) number - 845
So models were 763 845 and 762 845 - 863 845 and 862 845

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Luthiensdad

Thanks for all the replies & information!

Can I ask, what does "SST" refer to? Does that refer to both the 76 & 86 Calibers?

YuriyV

It was a method for high beat model line (36000 dph) marketing. SST was marking watches with Zodiac 86 caliber.

doog

Funnily enough there is a very similar one up on eBay in the UK, 123055821108. Appears to be in good condition considering the age, and I really rather like it.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign