News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My Dad's "Moonface"

Started by Butch, September 15, 2009, 06:34:11 AM

Butch

Butch,

I came across your website while researching info about my dad's watch.  A late sixties or early 70's moonface zodiac.   And i thought you might enjoy the story of the watch. 

My dad was coast guard and we were stationed in Alaska , late sixties to mid seventies.  My dad bought the watch at the coast guard base for 95.00 circa 1970.   He was so proud of that watch.  A couple years later we were on a family picnic disaster, with gusting winds, freezing rain etc..  We rolled over all the picnic benches to create a barricade to huddle behind while trying to roast our marshmellows.  One of the benches landed on his watch, he got pissed, frustrated and threw the watch into the fire.  My mom retrieved the watch and had the crystal fixed.  He wore that watch for 20 some more years.   
When my brother was in his 20's, my dad gave him the watch.  My brother fell through a dock,  hitting the watch on a pylon , him and watch went underwater.  The watch never worked after that.  The second hand came loose and "floats" around the face.  Time stopped on the zodiac. 

Years later, i found the "broken" watch in my dads desk.  Proclaiming "i remember this watch!"  my dad told me it had been broken for years.  I asked if i could have the watch, for memory sake.  And  It's been sitting in my desk for about 10 years.   
A few days ago i was on my computer and going through my desk and came across that watch.  I picked it up and started fiddling with it.  Thinking it needed to be "wound"  i was messing with the crown.  I moved the hands around, and mindlessly put the time at 3pm.   Sat the watch down on my desk and got back to my emailing.  I looked down and the watch said 3:15.  I was stunned.  So i changed the time again...checked again.   That damn watch was working.  Unbelievable.   Then i began looking up where i could take the watch to have the second hand attached, cleaned, tuned etc..  And came across your site.   Even though the sentimental value is priceless, i obviously now have a pretty cool and ecclectic watch. My dad couldn't believe that the watch is working.  I'm not telling my brother.  It's in the shop right now and i can't wait to get it on my wrist.   

-amy
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign