News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Olympos Mystery Dial Manual Wind

Started by Scwilcox, June 07, 2018, 10:33:52 AM

Scwilcox

Hi,  Like most of you I have owned thousands of watches and a few Zodiacs over the years.  I am trying to find info on my newest find.  This is an Olympos Mystery Dial with a manual wind movement.  It has no seconds hand and is very thin like an evening watch.  Case back is 2001 inside.  See pics and any info is appreciated, 
Scott

YuriyV

What a puzzle!
Never seen Peseux 330 caliber in Olympos. Would love to see how it is integrated with hour disk.
Crown looks completely wrong for Olympos.
In the same time hour disk and minute hand appear correct. No second hand is consistent with design of the caliber. It has sub second.
Case back is right for manual winding mechanism.
Puzzled.

Ultra-Vintage

I have seen the exact same model at least once before.  However, it was in another watchmaker's stock and was pretty trashed so I did not get to look at it well enough to determine its originality. 

They did use the Peseux 330 often enough in some of their manual wind dress watches during this time, most of the ones I have had over the years are marked as Zodiac Caliber 55.

Scwilcox

Interesting input!  I am still amazed at the thickness,  the case is barely 3mm thick not includin case back and crystal.  The crown does look like a replacement. Wears very nicely too.

Scwilcox

Does anyone have specs on the ladies olympos watches?  All the ads i find indicate the manual wind watches were ladies models,  were they the same case size?

YuriyV

Ladies Olympos watches were Automatic as well. See eBay lot 282826274643 for instance.

Scwilcox

I was reading attached.   Were the ladies models the same size diameter?

YuriyV

Ladies models significantly smaller.

Scwilcox

Thanks. This is definately full size. 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign