News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Replacement Crown for Zodiac Valjoux 7750 Chrono

Started by pgm_02, October 31, 2018, 05:17:22 AM

pgm_02

Hi All,

Appreciate any assistance - I live in Singapore and purchased my first Zodiac, a Zodiac Red Dot Chrono with Valjoux 7750 movement. Loved the look and the patina so went ahead and purchased knowing it has an incorrect crown and that I would be able to find an original after 20+ years of collecting vintage military watches .... how wrong I was!!

Can anyone please advise if they have been able to purchase a generic crown and fit it onto the watch? I understand from the forum that there is a specific watchmaker that has done this work however I have recently lost a watch coming back into Singapore after a repair so hesitant to do so.

I have a local elderly watchmaker who has given me the measurements after removing the non original crown - however I am pulling my teeth out trying to guess which replacement waterproof screw down crown will fit!

Any tips from people that have done this before and also size of crown purchased would be greatly appreciated - the watch came with its original box and bracelet (sadly no papers) so want to keep it however the tiny little crown on it at the moment bugs me!

Thanks,

Paul.

Butch

Sorry Mate. Until BWG found a way to do this it simply could not be done. That is all I have. The original crowns were 2 pieces, but one part, crown and stem.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/topic,2019.0.html
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

pgm_02

Thanks Butch - thinking that someone previously must have done some work to the crown/stem to get the crown that is currently on it to fit so will play around with looking to source a wider crown with the same inner diameter etc.

YuriyV

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign