News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Aerospace Loose Pepsi bezel

Started by Carrato, July 29, 2019, 01:46:43 PM

Carrato

Was wondering does anyone know if there is a  spacer under the bakelite bezel of a Aerospace, my bezel is kinda loose and spins freely, the little ruby is there but I have to press down to feel the clicks

Thanks Joe

Ultra-Vintage

Hey Joe.  That model is a friction fit bezel, it does not have a retention spring.  The bezel will have to be tightened by someone that knows how to.  The click (round ruby jewel w/ spring) helps the bezel to stay in place, but does not tighten it itself.

Carrato

Thank you for that info, Know anyone that tightens them

Thanks Joe

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Carrato

Hello Butch, Thanks for the reply, What is the cost to do the work

Thanks Joe

Carrato

I actually tightened it using a flat head screwdriver gently pushing down on the underside edge at an angle about ten times of the bezel and worked like a charm

Cobber

Oofa, given the great condition of that insert I don't know if I would take any chances.  Finding a replacement if it gets lost or damaged would be next to impossible.  I've not held one of these bezels independently from the watch but I have heard of the acrylic inserts popping out and I'd be concerned about that as well if the metal has been manipulated.

BTW, nice watch.  Looks to be in good honest condition.  Would be a stunner with a proper service.

Carrato

I was a bit nervous thinking I might crack the bezel insert, I made out this time,

Broke many of watches in my day. lol

Thanks Joe

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign