News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Glorious

Started by TonyP, January 07, 2020, 08:00:10 PM

TonyP

Hi All,

I've had a very nice vintage Olympos Automatic for many years, and it is my favorite dress watch. Recently, I picked up what I think is a good example of a Glorious Automatic for a reasonable price. One thing I noticed right away is that while my Olympos has a hack second hand, the Glorious does not. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for a Glorious?
A picture of the Glorious is attached.

Thanks for your attention.

Tony

Butch

It is a missing feature, not a deficiency. Not all the movements had the hacking part(s) added to them.  Can you show a pic of the movement?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Cobber

Hi Tony,
not glorious related but, is the Olympos in your avatar the one you mention in the above post?

Would love to see pictures of that if so.

Kindly,
Cobber

Ultra-Vintage

Hi Tony.  It is very possible that it does not have the hack parts, as with some of the other Zodiac dress watches.  The "trapezoid" date window might indicate it being an earlier movement, which were more likely not to be a hack.  I would have to see a picture of the movement to know whether the parts were never there, originally there but now missing, or present but not working correctly.

TonyP

Hi All,

Cobber requested a picture of my Olympos Automatic, and one is attached.

Butch and Ultra-Vintage replied with interesting information about hacking, and I greatly appreciate that they took the time to do so.

There were also a couple of suggestions that I supply a picture of the movement. Unfortunately, I don't know how to safely remove the case back, and I don't want to just try to pry it off without knowing what I'm doing.

Best regards,

Tony

Butch

Both are very nice specimens. Watch out for the bug!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Cobber

Nice Olympos!  Really like that dial.  Appears to have a light vertical texture to it.  Hard to tell from the photo if that's a trick of the light or actually present.

Nice Glorious as well.  Been casually looking for a Glorious for a while but prefer the "pie pan" versions.  Unfortunately finding minty Zodiac's from the fifties is a bit difficult and I'm not too excited about the ones I've seen that haven't aged as charmingly as other Zodiacs, at least in my opinion.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign