News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Sea Skate

Started by VinSW, February 04, 2020, 02:06:50 AM

VinSW

I have seen very few Sea Skates on ebay. They look similar to a SW. How do they differ? Look to be made during the same time frame.
Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is.

Butch

They were the dress watch version of the Sea Wolf, no bezel and a smooth case ring around the crystal. For ~ the same price you could get the diver's watch so I suspect that not a lot were sold. They only appear in the 1961 catalog on the other site.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

YuriyV

Sea Skates are fun!
Many varieties and styles available for collecting.

Butch

I personally like them and they are certainly a rarer model. There were 2 models in the very early 60's and each came in 2 dial colors. I liked the SW version with the hands without veins. The other model is simply a dress watch. I do not have a lot of them as they often sell for a price I consider to be way too high. Better to spend the money on another model IMHO. I have never sold one either.

What makes a model rare? Being unpopular, causing sales to be very low, and ultimately discontinued early.

Butch

I knew I had one of these around here somewhere.

VinSW

Thanks for the info  on Sea Skates and Butch posting the Zodiac advert.
I ordered Yuriy's book today. That will answer many of my questions, or maybe create more. I am an inquisitive person.
:)
Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is.

YuriyV

Don't forget to subscribe to the VZ Online catalog. Even more info out there...

Cobber

I've got one out for service hoping to get back soon.

Always found it funny the "Supreme" Sea Skate had a lower list price than the SW styled ones.  Must have been more expensive to produce that radiated Sea Wolf dial.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign