News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

JB Champion stainless Zodiac watchbands /reproduction parts

Started by VinSW, February 04, 2020, 01:56:40 PM

VinSW

:new
What about the JB Champion stainless bands vs the fabric ones. Any idea which one was produced more. Very rarely they show up on ebay with the Zodiac symbol in the clasp.
As with Omega Beads of Rice stainless bands, why are so many listed for sale without the end links?
Is there a huge warehouse where they are all stashed?! :) .  Somehow they get separated from the band.
  Sure would be a good cottage industry for  someone to make duplicate end pieces..unless a copyright issue? The same  goes for Zodiac parts. When the company was sold by the original family, did the new owner/company obtain the patents for the parts? I don't know about the legal issues on this subject, thats why i ask.
I said i was inquisitive:) The 5 W's: Who,What ,Where, When and Why. A friend of mine who was a news journalist said that ,i never forgot it.
( i just found Butch's sticky post on the Watch band and parts issue). The copyright/reproduction question i have remains.
Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is.

YuriyV

As I know, For Sea Wolf Zodiac issued stainless steel bracelets. No fabric.
Only early SW were advertised with leather straps (see attached picture). Probably it was a retail mod though.

Missing end links is a wide spread issue for Zodiac bracelets as well. Nobody produce them. But everybody lose them.

Butch

FWIW, BWG makes straight end pieces for bands that are missing the end pieces. With a service of course! He has done this for me before.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

VinSW

I did some "research" and found  Jules Borel and Co. /JBOREL Company on the internet. They make watchband parts including endpieces. Their website shows a lot of different endpiece types: straight, curved and with different stamped relief  and item #'s ,does not state the width of the pieces availiable, which i thought was odd. They are under $5 each.
Their phone # is (800)776-6858 / (816)421-6110
                         JBOREL Co.
                         1110 Grand Blvd
                         Kansas City , MO. 64106
If i knew how to include a screengrab here,i would include one of their endpiece list with photos.
Thanks for your replies.
Jim
Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is.

VinSW

Yes that is the place. The listings don't say what width they end pieces are available in. Guess you have to call them.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign