News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Autographic CAL 1424

Started by kabuto, June 08, 2020, 11:31:46 AM

kabuto

Dear All,

I have bought the following Autographic in stunning conditions on e-Bay some years back. At that time I didn't know very well the brand and I have started surfing once the watch was in my hands.

I was amazed and thrilled when I found zodiaccatalogs.com. I subscribed and I have checked every single page of the available catalogs without luck. My watch isn't there. Neither on page 19 of 1955's catalog, it is possible to identify this model but, something caught my attention. None of the Autographic on that page has hands like mine.

Would you be able to help me in my research, trying to help me to understand if it is original or it is just another Frankenstein?

Thank you so much and congrats for the Forum!

Ultra-Vintage

While I cannot answer your question in regards to the catalogs, Butch would have to do that, I can confirm that I have had original Zodiac Autographics with that handset before.

Butch

Not all watches are in the catalogs as we don't have all the catalogs. Definitely a 50's model though. I am kinda torn on the dial. I want to say it is a very old but good redial... Anyone else?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on June 08, 2020, 12:36:22 PM
Not all watches are in the catalogs as we don't have all the catalogs. Definitely a 50's model though. I am kinda torn on the dial. I want to say it is a very old but good redial... Anyone else?

I am undecided.  I was mainly looking at the hands, but after blowing up the pic on the dial I think the main printing is pretty excellent.  The part of it I am unsure about is the minute track, where the two-colors meet.  I don't have one of these in to compare to right now.

kabuto

The e-Bay seller is a TOP, most of his stuff is NOS. I would not be surprised to have got a  coeval watch. More pictures would help to understand more?

Grossisten

I own one with what looks like the exact same hands. The dial is totally different (as is the case as its gold-plated) but also in an excellent condition. My watch is with 90% certainty genuine as it was collected by my father, who imported Zodiac for 30 years and so - and he acquired it a long time ago, when vintage-watches were not in the same high demand as today. I say 90% because you never know......

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign