News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

I saw this Zodiac Datographic for sale

Started by Evan, February 13, 2021, 10:53:20 AM

Evan

Dear Zodiac enthusiasts,

Could someone provide me with some information on this vintage Zodiac Datographic please. Thank you in advance!

Kind regards
Evan

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Evan

It is not my watch (yet) and it is not my picture either. The seller is an older person who is not a professional at taking pictures... For now it is the only picture I received and I will have a look at the watch tomorrow (in real). I have the permission to use his picture.

I think the dial is really cool but the movement needs a service & crystal should be replaced (no idea if it is easy to find these type of crystals?)

Kind regards
Evan

Butch

Thank you for that info. That is the first automatic made by Zodiac with a date. I believe the first ones had the red numbering and later went to black. I was going to say the crystal could be original as it has a round date window and probably should be replaced during a much needed service I am sure. Crystals are available but the date window will probably be square. Shrug. The dial does have a lot of patina, but some folks think that adds to the beauty or character of a vintage watch. This watch appears in the 1950's catalogs. While you do see a fair amount of these they are not really popular with a lot of collectors. FWIW I happen to like them a lot though. This means they should be fairly affordable when found.

Any watchmaker can service it, but Zodiac parts are always an issue. BWG is located here in the US.

Evan

Thank you so much for the information! What would be a fair price to buy this piece?

Butch

That is really between you and the seller. I would not pay more that $100 myself as the service will cost a couple hundred.

:cheap

Evan

Butch

As I always day... Old does not make it gold.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign