News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Astrographic SST Mystery crystal gasket

Started by golf4collet, March 03, 2021, 08:08:16 AM

golf4collet

I'm restoring my dad's Mystery (square) and when I pressed out the crystal, the gasket was completely dry rotted and crumbled into pieces.  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?  Inside the caseback is #882-963.  On the case under one of the bracelet ends is #2616792.

Thanks!

Ultra-Vintage

No replacements available unfortunately.  Those gaskets are always either crumbled into pieces or melded to the crystal/case like concrete.  Very rarely are they able to be reused.

golf4collet

Quote from: Ultra-Vintage on March 03, 2021, 12:20:15 PM
No replacements available unfortunately.  Those gaskets are always either crumbled into pieces or melded to the crystal/case like concrete.  Very rarely are they able to be reused.

Thanks for the reply.  Do I have any options at this point to get this watch wearable?  Without being able to mount the crystal, the watch is just a paper weight.

Thanks for the help,
Jason

alexwatchmaker

Anybody have a clue to find a New crystal gasket ?

thanks for the help,

YuriyV

Try to buy a donor watch. There is a chance the gasket is good enough to be reused...

claustro

Maybe I am saying something stupid but  3d printing a tpu gasket?

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign