News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

bulova ...zodiac connection

Started by jmh86325, July 02, 2021, 07:20:35 PM

jmh86325

i know we beat the Heuer / Zodiac horse to death  :compbr

but what about a Zodiac...Bulova connection... :#lol

Note: this post is meant as humor and not intended to incite any kind of serious discussion

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Grossisten

I know you did. Beat it. But it's not dead. I have a few interesting cases (actual cases too) raising the Heuer question with apparent solid evidence. But I'm leaving it for another day, I fear it might not be a popular topic to bring back to life.

Butch

At least you are doing research Grossisten and not simply believing on person's say so. Feel free, in another place in forum please.

jmh, I know. I am also a huge Bulova fan.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Original Bulova Company = Swiss

Original Zodiac Company = Swiss

......end of connection

:lolz;

Cobber

Just tried doing a quick search to find an excerpt I once read but didn't have any luck.

Had to do with Mission Control for NASA or NASA members in general during the 60s.  Said something to the effect; though Speed Masters were issued for space flight, when it came to the watches generally worn on the ground most members wore Bulovas and Zodiacs.

I suspect (really just pulling this out of thin air) NASA either had their own PX, a version of a Post Exchange or access to other's.
For instance, when I was a kid and later when I served and had my own Military I.D., one could access any base's PX regardless of branch.  I suspect this hasn't changed.
I've got a pretty sweet Snorkel 666 with internal bezel and tuning fork movement my dad gave to me and I've since had restored.
He bought mostly Zodiacs and Bulovas from the 50s through the early 70s but switched to Seikos primarily by the early/mid seventies and finally Casios when the G-Shocks first started coming out and has pretty much stuck with them ever since.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign