News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Seawolf 703 921?

Started by George Liquor, July 17, 2021, 05:08:30 PM

George Liquor

Gentlemen, good evening from Yorkshire, i am new to watch collecting and  though i have always admired them i have not until recently owned one. The romance started with a Bulova Astronaut which i acquired a few months back and that was it i suddenly felt a great longing for diver and aviation inspired watches, i now have a Glycine Airman a Seawolf and a Swank skindiver watch with another Seawolf on the way as well as a couple of Accutrons. The Seawolf behind this post was bought recently off ebay and the seller (VM watches) sold as a rare 703 912 Zodiac Seawolf, i offered £250 below what he was asking and he accepted, in feverish haste i did not do my home work i just wanted it, i cared little about the wrong crown i noticed not the unusual second hand and i made excuses for the extreme wear on the case back. The watch arrived and i was all over it noticing the heavily worn bezel with no brassing? which on closer inspection with a loop i found the edges had a kind of applied plating which i flaked a small piece off with my thumb nail to reveal the brass underneath. The dial which looks in good condition has a shadow of the hands on it from them being motionless for some time, the second hand i have not seen on a Seawolf of this age but i do like it and it suits the watch, the case back is heavily worn and the marking are barely legible, Automatic Antimagnetic Swiss Zodiac Water & Shock resistant, the Zodiac symbol has worn away completely though the brushed center section looks ok? inside the case back there are scratched a few dates from 69, 71 and 88 along with 703 921 the movement has the zodiac 70 72 rotor self wind mechanism on top of the movement which has GZR on the balance wheel cock and NM next to the winding pawl. i look forward to the forums feed back on this piece be it good or bad. i will attempt to load up some pics, i will do it sepperately as i tried before and the whole thing disapeared. The only reference i could find that mentions 703 921 is a crystal compatibility chart here http://www.phfactor.net/wtf/Zodiac%20Parts/IntrChgListCrystals.PDF
Regards, George

George Liquor

George Liquor

George Liquor

George Liquor

George Liquor

George Liquor

George Liquor

Butch

Man, that one is in rough shape for sure. The second hand looks like one from a GMT. During a service it used to be common to buff the case on a motorized buffing wheel and that is how the back came to look like that. It basically removes metal.

Photo tip: Turn on your Macro setting. Unless your phone is a really newer model I recommended using a camera.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

George Liquor

Thanks for the photo ti Butch, i am using a camera guess i should read the manual, do you have any thoughts on the movement and also the case back number, are they correct?
Regards, George

YuriyV

Movement is correct. Case back is not. It came from another Zodiac. The ref#703 912 corresponds to gold plated no date costume watch. This Sea Wolf should have case back signed as Sea Wolf with ref #722 916

Butch

Thanks Yuri, I thought it was a two toned model case back as well. BUT, at least it is a Sea Wolf case back.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

George Liquor

Great info guys, thank you i appreciate it
Regards, George

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign