News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

How old is this Olympos?

Started by MattAu, February 18, 2022, 08:51:41 AM

MattAu

I picked this up recently.  There is some degradation on the dial but it seems to run ok.  I am getting it cleaned and serviced.  The JB Champion bracelet looks and wears amazing. 

If you can tell me more about this watch, I would be grateful.  Can you approximate the age?  How much would it have been sold for when new?  Any advertisement from that time period?

Butch

That one is from the early 1960's.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

MattAu

Is there a way to find out how much it would have cost back then?  I don't know much about Zodiac and just wanted to have an idea as to how its costs compare against Seiko's and Omega's back in the early/mid 60's

YuriyV

Regular Olympos in early 1960s were from $95 to $110 depending of case material and model.
Solid gold was $250

MattAu

Thank you!  That's more expensive than some Grand Seiko.

MattAu

I have now had the watch cleaned, oiled and put back together.  What kind of accuracy should I be expecting?  And more importantly, what kind of amplitude should I get?  I put the watch on the Timegrapher and used 52 degree and am only getting about 220-230 in the horizontal positions.

And one more question - should I put a gasket before closing up the watch?  There was one that had fully disintegrated so I don't even know what size I should use.  Any help would be appreciated.

Butch

FYI, this forum has a search function. The button is all the way at the top next to the Home button.

https://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php?topic=3269.msg14080#msg14080
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign