News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Quartz Seawolf?

Started by Cobra Jock, September 30, 2009, 05:42:19 PM

Cobra Jock

I picked up this one off of the "bay" for the wife.  Says Zodiac Sea Wolf on the dial, and states WR at 200m.  Has a blue dot between the 4 and five marker.  Screw-down crown and quartz movement.  I saw several of these offered over a couple week period.  Does anyone have additional info?  Authentic?  When produced, for how long, selling price at the time, etc?  Thanks.

Cobra Jock

Just found something similar on the bay today (30 Sep).  Says Sea Wolf 200m on the dial.  Hands and dial are a bit different and it's an automatic.  Case is very similar.  Also has a blue dot between 4 and 5. 

Ref: 370267621930

jon p

;D ;D ;D    cobra--i have one like the one you mentioned--blue dot automatic and i love it.looks like an ETA 25j movement. stainless and gold. i got it on the bay about a year ago and the guy i got it from tried to buy it back for 6 months!! i believe it dates to the late 80s when the zodiacs looked like tags-note the acorn shaped crown. if you can get it go for it. it is the next generation seawolf and a great addition to a zodiac collection.

jon p

;D   cobra-i have what i think may be the mans version of the one you got for your wife.mine is quartz, all gold plated white dial with a silver dot. i am not sure what the colored dots mean-i have seen blue, red, silver and gold.i think this is 1980s again-note the crown shape.on the dial mine states professional 200 meters above 6:00. zodiac under 12:00. hour markers are different shape than yours. i bet butch will break out his catalogs to figure this out.

Cobra Jock

jon p:  The information link above has some info ref the point system, but I didn't see anything re "Blue Point."  As mentioned in another section, there are a number of "Red Point" Zodiacs offered on the bay right now.   There's even a couple of 'Gold Point" watches, apparently the high end models.

davec73

They're real, I used to have a men's version, silver polished bezel, quartz, blue point on the dial.  It was small 33mm or so and I just gave a ladies version to my niece.  I bought the men's version for $100 or so in the early 2000's.  There was an automatic version as well.

Cobra Jock

davec73:  Well, now you've gone and done it; got to find a stainless one for myself now ;)

poulbrix

Quote from: davec73 on September 30, 2009, 09:08:41 PM
They're real, I used to have a men's version, silver polished bezel, quartz, blue point on the dial.  It was small 33mm or so and I just gave a ladies version to my niece.  I bought the men's version for $100 or so in the early 2000's.  There was an automatic version as well.

Dave,

Wow nice Seawolf  :) and you got it for $100. That is a great deal considered that they went for $1195 in the 90's

poulbrix

Quote from: Cobra Jock on September 30, 2009, 05:42:19 PM
I picked up this one off of the "bay" for the wife.  Says Zodiac Sea Wolf on the dial, and states WR at 200m.  Has a blue dot between the 4 and five marker.  Screw-down crown and quartz movement.  I saw several of these offered over a couple week period.  Does anyone have additional info?  Authentic?  When produced, for how long, selling price at the time, etc?  Thanks.

Hi Cobra Jock,

following the link for all the info on the Zodiac Seawolf from the 90's

http://www.richardsjewelry.com/store/zodiac/seawolf.htm

Your model is on page 2

jon p

;D :o    great pics of these zodiacs!! i found mine also. i cant believe the list prices--expensive for sure--glad i got mine from a guy on the bay for under 200.00 in excellent used condition.    JON

Cobra Jock

poulbrix:  Thanks for the link!  ;D

Cobra Jock

jon p:  I agree, how can they possibly expect to get those kinds of prices  :o.  I got the wife's for $200USD from ebay as well.  I'm a bit stunned to see other Sea Wolfs similarly priced.  Heck, my new Seamaster didn't cost much more.

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: davec73 on September 30, 2009, 09:08:41 PM

There were at least 2 sizes of the automatic Sea Wolf with the blue dot on the dial.  I actually have an automatic men's version, but mine is 38mm, and has a pewter gray dial. 

I also bought a 2 tone 34mm version of the auto, that I gave to my wife.  It was purportedly a men's size, and the bracelet would have fit me, but at 34mm it was just too freaking small for me.  Strangely though, the old 1960s Sea Wolves were only marginally larger (35.5mm if I remember right), but they wear much larger.[/size]
John

Roktot

Just posted one in the "For Sale" section. Fresh in box!

jon p

JDS-- i know what you mean about the smaller size of the older watches! when i bought my SW at the PX in 1968 it was a BIG watch. now it looks very small on my wrist which is NOT big!! now a 42-44mm watch isnt a great big size. looks like my SW would fit inside my steel 8200 luminox! the times, they are changing.  JON P

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign