News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Sea Wolf Glorious Dial

Started by vintagewatchhound, June 17, 2022, 05:10:04 PM

vintagewatchhound

Picked up this Sea Wolf on eBay a few months ago and looking for input on the dial. The case and bracelet are what I expect to see though the Glorious dial is a mystery. I think it unlikely that it left the factory this way. It  looks like a pretty good job of transforming the dial otherwise. The movement is a 73 with reference number 732-916. It runs fine though I'm still deciding whether it's a novelty or an aberration. Thanks for any suggestions.

Butch

It's a redial and they used the Glorious die instead of the Sea Wolf die.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

vintagewatchhound

Thanks Butch, I assumed it was a redial just strange to use a different model or maybe that dial happened to be lying around at the time. I worked with a jeweler who would make repairs with whatever gold was in reach on the bench, sometimes different colored gold, which customers were not always happy with. I bought the watch for the bracelet really, thanks again for the confirmation.

Butch

Hell, today the movement is worth $100.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign