News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

case of 722-916 how is the bezel held in place?

Started by stefaninla, July 27, 2022, 08:14:18 PM

stefaninla

HI All,
I'm back again :) 
I am working on another Seawolf - it seems as though it was a bit of a franken monster, but I'm trying to figure out what parts go where... and make it right.

so, the caseback is a 722-916. Whether it belongs to the case- I don't know. The Bezel that came with it is a blue 'bakelite' bezel. Though sits on the case perfectly, it won't stay connected. A spring clip (ala the 722-946) does NOT work because the case doesn't have that slight ridge for the spring. However, it doesn't 'appear' to be worn down. Did earlier cases hold the bezel in differently than with a wire spring? Also - is a bakelite bezel even correct for a (supposed) 722-916... 
Serial number on the case is 180641 (for whatever that's worth)

The lugs are also not the same as the 722-946, they are a bit rounder.
Any help or thoughts would sure be appreciated!
Thanks

YuriyV

stefaninla

Thank you, Yury. I was hoping you'd respond as you're one of the obvious, defacto zodiac gurus.
There's a possibility I may be able to make a straight trade with someone who has a 916 steel bezel (on a 946 case, lol) - so we'd both be improving our situations.
Otherwise, I need to source a proper bezel OR a proper 946 case and back...

Question - how does the steel bezel affix to a 916? Is it purely friction? are these bezels prone to coming off, if so?
Thanks in advance!

YuriyV

Yes, 916 bezel is just friction fitted. And keep in mind, there are several not compatible variations exist.

stefaninla

Ah, the plot ever thickens.  Thank you for that info!!!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign