News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Is this an actual Zodiac???

Started by AntonioSempere, November 29, 2022, 05:29:25 PM

AntonioSempere

Hi everyone! Google is worthless regarding my current dilema, so here I go: I came across this small mom&pop jewelry in Mexico City that sold a bunch of "meh" timepieces. I was about to leave when my eye caught a discreet square watch waaay in the back of their display, buried between Fossils, Nauticas and a couple of battered Midos. The Zodiac logo was evident, and to be honest the conditions of the piece were near-mint, so I asked for a quote which came out to be 3000 Mexican Pesos (around USD 150).

I left the watch be, but my internet inquiries came back empty: no discernible trace of this particular make. In the end I bit the bullet and bought the damn thing (it's a sickness, I know), and while the piece "feels" legit, I'm not even sure if it is an actual Zodiac or not. Any ideas? I'm sending over a picture (it's my wife's rail-thin wrist, btw), hope it's enough... Thanks in advance!

Butch

Maybe from the late 80's when they were making watches that looked like Rados. I presume it is a manual wind? Why don't you post pic of the clasp, case back, and movement if you can, then we'll know for sure?

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

AntonioSempere

OK, I was out of town but I managed to take these few pics, hopefully they'll help. I'm in the process of moving to another country so all my precision tools are packed (this I can't pry open the damn thing), but I can make out the number 1222-557 on the caseback). Thoughts??? And also, THANKS for shedding some light about this piece. Saludos from Mexico, at least for the time being! ;)

AntonioSempere

Here's a few more. Last one shows the serial number, I think...

Butch

The number on the back is the case number. While I have never seen this model I have no reason not to think it is genuine, again, probably from the late 80's. The band had been replaced though.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign