News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SW with " gold " bezel

Started by jon p, October 13, 2009, 01:18:33 PM

jon p

;D ??? ??? ???  ebay ref #250510556683  has anyone looked at this one yet? i remember reading something a while back about a SW from the factory with a 9KT gold bezel. didnt it have gold hands and dial markers? i think this must be a standard plated bezel with the plating polished off. did the gold bezel look different from the plated version? this one looks VERY good.   JON

Butch

That looks to me like a regular bezel that has been gold plated, or that the chrome has been buffed off, and then the markers refinished. I looked at the one you were talking about in my 1971 catalog and it is a different looking bezel and the hands and dial markers are yellow too as you said. The edges are larger and MUCH more pronounced on the 9K bezel. The box in this auction does not match the red boxes from the 70's we always see, it looks like something from the 80's when Zodiac made all the Rado look a likes. (Then in the 90's the Tag look a likes, right????)

Let me say this though, the dealers back then would do most anything the customer wanted. Swap bands, bezels, etc. He says he has had it since the 70's, so ask questions. It is always possible the bezel was redone, or replaced as the original was lost, etc. Who knows, that was almost 40 years ago. Shoot, my memory ain't that good!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

;D ;D thanks butch-great info as usual. i think i will question the seller.yeah, inoticed the box is a later one.my 68 SW was in a red SW specific box.  JON

jon p

??? :o ::) AHHHH-the plot thickens! i just received an email from the seller and he stated he bought it NEW WITH THE GOLD TONE BEZEL AND IT ORIGINALLY CAME WITH A GOLD ZODIAC BRACELET! i am totally confused now! the never ending zodiac mystery continues.   JON

jon p

::) :P  it sold for 200.00--not too bad for a nice one owner SW! if it had the original band seller said it had it would have gone higher.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign