News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

A zodiac that is not a Zodiac?

Started by Butch, November 03, 2009, 08:07:02 AM

Butch

Take a look at eBay auction 390113378486.

I have never seen one like this before. The dial or esp. the hand style. Not that the dial has been redone. Note that Zodiac is not on the case back. Now not all Zodiac have the name on the outside back, but with this sort of screw back it usually does. I asked the seller for a picture of the movement and was told, "it is just a standard Zodiac automatic,probably an AS". So I then asked for markings on the movement and the inside case back. This could be a rarer Zodiac model or a mis-dialed watch, but without complete information I cannot bid. Wile very interesting, I have never seen hands like that on any Zodiac so do not think they are original.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

??? ??? ??? ::) butch, this IS REALLY a weird one!! i have never seen a zodiac with that strange screw off back set deep into the case--matter of fact i have never seen that type back on ANY brand.usually zodiacs dont have ALL that info imprinted on the back--ie stainless steel, etc. i am going to request pics of the movement/caseback inside and see what happens.i am sure i will get the same answer as you did but it is worth a try. it really is a sharp looking watch in great condition--you do think it is a re-dial? i really wonder what he means by it needs hand winding? i wil post when i hear from the seller.  JON

jon p

??? :D stay away from this one guys! i asked some questions and got the ole" run around"-completely ignored my request for pics of the movement and when i asked about needing to be hand wound he said" it doesnt run good on automatic"!! something is REAL stinky about this one.  JON

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign