News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Moonphase (eBay item)

Started by serge, December 20, 2009, 02:54:38 AM

serge

Hi guys,

I'm looking for the moonphase Zodiac and found some eBay listings:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260526158438
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170420850091

Could you please a minute, check both items out and let me know whether they are worth bidding?

Your help will be really appreciated.  ;)

jon p

:-\ :-\ :-\ SERGE--i am also looking for one of these--let a perfect example a friend had slip away at $450.00 a couple of months ago,just didnt have the money!it had a great plated case and a perfect dial with vivid color moon phase wheel.most you see are really faded out. the all stainless case models are THE most  wanted one so you dont have the ugly wear through with the plated ones.i have also seen AUTOMATIC wind versions.both of these look ok,not much info on the first one-wonder if it runs/and all functions work!? i really hate listings like this--you have to try to pull info out of the seller! second one has been "serviced"-hopefully correctly as these are VERY hard to work on since movement is real complicated.NOTE that seller states some of the months are not present on that display--not a cool thing at all! i am NOT bidding on either one-i will wait for a lot better example to come along. even if you pay MORE up front for an outstanding example you still can come out better.repairs ARE expensive on this model. hope this helps,of course it is just my opinion and opinions are like belly buttons--everyone has one! by the way-BUTCH has an excellent watchmaker who is THE guru of repairing zodiacs if you need work done--he IS the one to use. happy holidays to everyone! JON

Butch

Jon is right on all counts. I have had a few of these over the years. By the time I finish with them they go for almost $1,000. Just worth too much to keep (and service) when someone is ready to buy it. Early this year I caught a "deal" on one at $325. After another $400 worth of work, it is now in the pictures of my watches. Some deal.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign