News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

1954 Zodiac Autographic

Started by Gkokkes, January 04, 2010, 10:39:22 AM

Gkokkes

My grandfather gave me his Zodiac Autographic in 2007. He bought this watch in 1954. During time the glass, hands and crown broke and the dial got damaged (the hands and crown were changed for unoriginal), the movement got damaged so the automatic didn't work anymore and the gold plating was worn off the lugs.

I could do two things: put the watch into a locker and look sometimes to it or restore it complete, so it wouldn't be 100% original but could be worn everyday if necessary. I choose for the second option and want to show you the before and after picture.

The movement has been restored with NOS parts, the crown has been changed for an original model, the hands are changed for original-like ones, the glass has been changed, the dial is done and the watch has a new gold plating.

greetings,

Ger Kokkes
Holland

TJW

Wow, what a gorgeous watch.  I'm sure your grandpa would be proud to have you make such good use of his watch.  Wear it in good health for 2010!

jon p

8) :o   man,that IS beautiful ! it is hard to believe one like that can be brought back from the dead. who restored it for you? they do fantastic work. i know you are proud of it--grandpas watch lives again--thanks for sharing it with us. the power reserve IS a desirable model.  JON P

Gkokkes

Thanks for the nice reactions! First I spoke two other watchmakers who didn't dare to repair an '50s automatic power reserve watch because the movement is too complicated and there shouldn't be parts to repair it.

The restore has been done by the firm "Tijdloos" (Timeless) in Leiden/Holland (www.tijdloos-horloges.nl). They did have the original parts in stock (...). The restore took 6 months.

greetings,

Ger Kokkes
Holland

Yankees76

jon p

check out the web link--man ,they do some fantastic work!

Gkokkes

I know this topic has not been posted for a long time, but I want to show the last part of my watch I have searched for a very long time: my NOS watch strap   :D

greetings,

Ger Kokkes

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign