News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Is this Gold Point Chrono Fake?

Started by Sea Wolf, January 06, 2010, 01:32:52 PM

Sea Wolf

ebay item #300360232205

In the photos of the opened case, I don't see any signed zodiac on the movement?

Item location:   Hong Kong, Hong Kong
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

No, some where not signed on the 90's models, it is OK.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:'(  nice watch but seems way too expensive. this is an example of why i dont like the gold plated models--gold is peeling off the back big time.too bad its not all stainless. FWIW--  just my opinion.  JON

Sea Wolf

Is it all stainless under the Gold?  Would it make sense to take the gold off?

I agree, too $$$$ for me.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

jon p

i believe it is all stainless under the gold plate but it is a very tough/  expensive project to remove the plating.

Butch

An usually looks ugly when done. I have tried that.

Melmoth

I have the exact same model, it contains an unsigned 7750 movement, so that part is fine. The lack of gold plating on the inside of the band is normal, so all looks good with the watch if you like the style. The price is too steep for a used example. I bought mine NOS for around $400 2 years ago.

These chrono's are quote nice though, they are small by modern standards, about 39mm w/o crown. The Dials can be a little difficult to rear especially in this shade of blue, lume will be virtually non existant at this stage, although was not much good to start with.

The fit and finish on the bracelets is very nice with solid end links and a quality deployment. The square pushers are a nice detail and subtle enough for a watch that is a sports/dress hybrid.
PS - This is my first post here, so hello to all and I look forward to participating in the forum.

jon p

8) melmoth--welcome to the forum,ALWAYS great to hear from a new member! thanks for the great input-this is what is so good about this site.great people discussing fantastic watches.we all learn every day about our ZODIACS. do you own any other zodiacs? i would love to post pictures of mine BUT i dont know how to do it! i do not know much about computers. maybe i can figure it out someday.   JON

Butch

Quote from: jon p on January 10, 2010, 04:03:50 PM
i would love to post pictures of mine BUT i dont know how to do it! i do not know much about computers. maybe i can figure it out someday.   JON

Old people, sheesh!   

;)

jon p

;D yeah, sonny,i didnt get my first pc til i was 60 years old and it still can be a challange sometimes!!i have come a long way,baby but there is still a LOT to learn.  JON

Butch

Ahh, you know I was teasing Jon. I am not far behind you my friend, but I built my first PC back in 1984 and took to it like a duck takes to water. If you have the pictures you can email them to me and I will post them for you. Maybe even do a cheat sheet to help you learn.

jon p

;D butch--of course i know you were kidding--i know your sense of humor by now. i will see about emailing you some pics to post for me, i really appreciate the offer.a cheat sheet would sure help figure this out.  your friend, JON

Sea Wolf

Quote from: Melmoth on January 10, 2010, 12:17:01 PM
I have the exact same model, it contains an unsigned 7750 movement, so that part is fine. The lack of gold plating on the inside of the band is normal, so all looks good with the watch if you like the style. The price is too steep for a used example. I bought mine NOS for around $400 2 years ago.

These chrono's are quote nice though, they are small by modern standards, about 39mm w/o crown. The Dials can be a little difficult to rear especially in this shade of blue, lume will be virtually non existant at this stage, although was not much good to start with.

The fit and finish on the bracelets is very nice with solid end links and a quality deployment. The square pushers are a nice detail and subtle enough for a watch that is a sports/dress hybrid.
PS - This is my first post here, so hello to all and I look forward to participating in the forum.

Can you share photos of your chrono?

Thanks!
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Melmoth

Hi, I only have shots of my two tone version whick are included below, I'm not too up on hosting images so you might need to follow the photobucket links. here goes..

Sea Wolf

Good looking watch :o

If you ever want to sell it, please let me know  ;D
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

jon p

VERY NICE! and both bands--WOW. love the white dial, very clean and easy yo read. SEAWOLF--stop drooling!

Gary

Melmoth....Beautiful watch and great photography....Gary

Melmoth

Thanks Jon, Gary and Seawolf.

These shots were actually taken on my canon camcorder. My nikon was toasted at the time and i was out on my balcony (you can see the wooden rails in the background) with a shoebox lid  trying to get some images. The blue hue was by accident but worked kinda well. The canon camcorder actually nearly works better for macro shots than the Nikon.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign