News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Is it Original

Started by Jim Van Orsdol, February 05, 2010, 06:27:56 PM

Jim Van Orsdol

I'm having discussions with the seller on this 40's(?) Chronograph. Any comments are welcome, however, I'm specifically wondering about the originality of the lume on the hour markers. Does it appear to be somewhat sloppily re-lumed at some point in its history, or is this normal?

Thanks for your input,
Jim

TJW

It is a cool looking watch...but it appears the lume has been re-done.  That being said, I wonder if a master re-dialer couldn't redo just the lume 'cause the rest of the dial looks good.

Cheers,  TJW

Butch

In an email, I told Jim that I thought the entire dial had be redone, but a long time ago. Just MHO. I also told him I had never seen this model before. I like it, even though I am not a chrono fan.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

i have seen a LOT of re-lumes that look like this, real thick and" gloopy " looking. i collect vintage bulova dive watches-- fifties/sixties models-- and this shows up quite often. looks like they were redone with a paint brush, some with a steady hand, some not so steady!! it is a fantastic chrono and i would NOT pass it up, overall the dial is very passable in looks. i  have seen so many of the old bulovas this way i am begining to wonder if they werent hand lettered from the factory. possibly radium? i am not sure when actual radium was banned from use.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign