News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My first post here!!

Started by srs, February 14, 2010, 06:55:27 PM

srs

Hello!!!

Just joined the club as i found you during a search i was doing over the net trying to find info about my fathers' zodiac...i didnt find anything so i hope you guys will help me out..good to see you!!

Gary

srs...Welcome aboard!  Always good to have folks with great watch photos....Gary

Sea Wolf

That is a great looking Zodiac!

Welcome aboard!
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

srs

Thank you very much guys!!!!Great to be aboard!!!

If anyone has any info for my zodiac please share it with me!!!

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: srs on February 15, 2010, 01:09:55 PM
Thank you very much guys!!!!Great to be aboard!!!

If anyone has any info for my zodiac please share it with me!!!

Butch would be the guy with the inside knowledge.  I've seen a couple like your's in gold electroplate on ebay, but never one in SS with the silver dial.   Looks pretty cool!
John

srs

I hope Butch will read this post then!!!

jon p

:o :o VERY nice chrono,first one i have seen! welcome to the place for zodiac fans.   JON P

Butch

Hi srs, welcome aboard. Your father had a chronographs from the 1990's Sea Wolf collection. It has an automatic Valjoux 7750 movement in it and was a very high end piece for that time, exceeding the $1,000.00 price range. It was only offered as you see it, with the metal band or a leather band.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

srs

Thanks for the info Butch!!!!I didnt expect it to be that old...nevertheless ,its still in good condition!!

I wonder how much is it worth now.....Is it normal for an automatic watch to lose a bit time over a months period??This one loses about 2 min per month....

I also found a very old Hamilton pocket watch that used to be my grandfathers ...do you guys know any forum for this to look it up??

Thank you!!

Butch

Yes! You are a "size fit'em" for this as my grandfather used to say. Please see this link:
http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/watchrepair.php

As for the value, when that company went bankrupt they dumped all their stock and parts into the market and drove the prices way down. I would guess below $400, but that is just a guess.

Sorry, we only do Zodiacs watches here, but one of the others may be able to send you to someone. Also, BWG does pocket watches too so he may have some info on it.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Marrick

Quote from: srs on February 19, 2010, 08:36:00 AM
PHWBBH
I also found a very old Hamilton pocket watch that used to be my grandfathers ...do you guys know any forum for this to look it up??

Thank you!!

Hi there. Try the Vintage and pocket watch forum at Watchuseek:

http://forums.watchuseek.com

Melmoth

Hi Marrick, welcome aboard. Butch pretty much spelled out all you need to know on your chornograph, its a really nice peice. I've never seen a silver dialed one before. Its well worth keeping well. As for the value, I would probably think on a good bay on ebay you could do quite well. A white dialed version on leather went for 600 bucks last year, althoughthere was quite a bit of competition of that auction.
Best of luck with it, John

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign