News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Sea Wolf bezels

Started by TJW, May 09, 2010, 09:35:45 PM

TJW

Hi guys:  Does anyone know if the metal and bakelite bezels on SW's are interchangeable?  Are you committed to one or the other when you buy the watch?  Thanks.   TJW

Sea Wolf

Good question.  I await an answer as well.  Butch?
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

Not only are they NOT interchangeable, but there are differences in the the metal models and the enamel models that can cause them not to be swapped. i.e. There is an enamel bezel with a spring and then there is an enamel bezel the is pressure fitted.

So yes, the case determines the bezel so make sure that is what you want before you buy it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

TJW

Thanks Butch, that's good to know.   TJW

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on May 10, 2010, 07:16:15 AM
Not only are they NOT interchangeable, but there are differences in the the metal models and the enamel models that can cause them not to be swapped. i.e. There is an enamel bezel with a spring and then there is an enamel bezel the is pressure fitted.

So yes, the case determines the bezel so make sure that is what you want before you buy it.

Butch,
Do you know what case numbers correspond to specific bezel types?  I have a bag full of Seawolf/GMT cases (case bodies with casebacks) and NOS bezels of all types, but I do not know what will fit what.  I tried to use the completed models that I have for reference, but even then, some of them seemed different.
Also, for the models that used a retainer spring, are there any records as to what the bezel springs measured or the gauge of wire that they used for them?  I have a few case models that require bezel springs, but seem to take different springs that I do not have.  I have wire stock of all different sizes, and have made springs for other types of watches, but the Zodiacs have proved more of a challenge.

TJW

Ultra: If you could break that code you would become a very popular fellow indeed with those of us that have worn out bezels.(Man, say that out loud and tell me it doesn't sound odd). :D   

Butch

Sorry but no Ultra. I used to have a bag of those as well, and the only thing I could do was manually try a bezel on every case I had in stock. Even if there was such a list , or you created one, my gut feeling is that it would be violated more often than be true.

As for violating Jon's worn out bezel, well....
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign