News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Gold Point Real or Fake

Started by taleon, May 17, 2010, 05:09:22 PM

taleon

I have owned a 90's version Gold Point for over 10 years and love this watch.  The gold plate wore after about 6 years so I picked up an inoperable one on ebay for $12.  I moved my movement to the less worn case and have been very happy with it.  Now I have been watching for another and found the one pictured below.  Do you know if this unit is still a pre 2000 model with the sapphire crystal and 20 micron plating? My bezel has the numbers in multiples of 10 around the dial where this one has no numbers.  Are they many Zodiac gold point fakes out there?

This is a great site!  Nice job..

jon p

does seller state what size this is, i.e. measurement across the case? photo looks like a ladies size, BUT it IS HARD to tell from a photo with nothing else to compare it with.. it IS sharp looking. i have never seen a bezel like this on any zodiac. i doubt that it is a fake, i have never heard of any counterfeit zodiacs. this is from my limited but growing knowledge collecting zodiac watches. keep us posted, and maybe some of the other members with more experience will jump in.  JON

Sea Wolf

That is a strange one.  I can't find that model in the Point catalog I have.
Maybe Butch's catalog has that model.

If you can get the number on the back of the watch we may be able to better identify it.
That bezel is seen on some lady's models in my catalog.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign