News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Introduction

Started by zaniac, May 20, 2010, 09:14:39 AM

zaniac

Hello fellow Zodiac fans, my name is Chris and it's great to be part of such a great forum! It's been almost a year since I "met" Butch through email, asking him for details on how to get my Goldenline repaired. Of course BWG did an awesome job and I'm finally getting around to registering for the forums. I've acquired a few more Zodiacs since then, but the Goldenline will always be my first. I'll post pics when I finally remember to take a few.
It's great to be here and thank you Butch for starting such an awesome site and forum!
Chris
Chris

jon p

;D chris, welcome to the site! it is always nice to meet new members who love old zodiacs. glad to hear you were pleased with BWG--he IS the man to keep our babies running and looking good!  JON P

Butch

Welcome aboard Chris.

This past tax season my wife asked me a very interesting question. She wanted to know if we could claim BWG as a dependent...
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

zaniac

Thanks Jon and Butch, it's a pleasure!
Butch, what a great question your wife asked! With the business you sent his way, I'm sure he wouldn't mind ;)
I'm just thankful there's not only someone who has the gift and parts to fix them, but also the dedication to fix them correctly.
Chris

Butch

Sort of. I think she was referring to the size of my collection and the amount of MY work I give him to do tho...
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Achraf

Hello folks! I am Adrian from Romania, a passionate watch collector, but especially Zodiac's. Great site, great job!
My collection of Zodiac comprise 6 mechanical Zodiac, 2 chrono and 13 automatics, most of them NOS or near mint. Maybe in the next days I'll post some of them.
We have in Romania some solid watch collector communities, the newest being TimeClubRomania, where a friend of mine made a review in romanian language of Zodiac history using info from this lovely site. Thanks and good luck to everybody!
(sorry for poor english)

TJW

Hello Achraf!  That sounds like quite a collection you have there.  It seems Romania has a history of appreciating fine watches, is it an important cultural thing?  Do fathers there pass down watches to sons as is common in the U.S.?  Welcome, and your English is much better than my Romanian.  :)      TJW

Achraf

Thanks TJW!
Yes indeed, we can talk about Romanians as people which appreciate fine watches. For example Benrus is a brand initiated & developed by two Romanian migrants in USA.
I think that before WW 2 it was an important cultural thing for bourgeois and middle & upper class people to wear fine watches, both pocket & wrist (also ladies). After WW 2 it was a kind of embargo to western/ capitalist product and the wristwatch market was flooded with Russian watches (at the time the quality was acceptable, but the affordability and the price made the difference with Swiss brands). Anyway, Romanians had access to some Swiss brands, but the most affordable were Doxa and Atlantic from the mid-range brands, but also to IWC , Omega and Longines.
We don't have such a strong tradition like Americans' in passing the watches from father to son, but it happens and is better to receive a watch - even a Russian Pobeda, than a debt :-) ! The watch market is not so rich, but sometimes you can buy a highly collectable timepiece at a very low price - just a matter of luck!
I will look around the forum to see the rules for posting pictures and come up with some.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign