News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Red Point SST??

Started by zaniac, May 26, 2010, 08:53:34 AM

zaniac

I've seen a few of these and they always seem to be in Turkey. This one is in the US.
All the ones I've seen always have a small red dot between the 4 and 5 position like a 90's red point series, but these are SST's. And the band clasp looks newer than the seventies, but older than the nineties. Is this an eighties era watch? Did Zodiac start the point series with these and then elaborate on it in the nineties? Interesting!
Chris

Butch

Based on the movement, band, and case back, I am thinking very late 70's just prior to going full quartz with their lines.

You raise an interesting question on the colored dot on the dial. Also note that the case number is on the outside of the case back, again, a departure from previous years, but normal in the 80's and 90's.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

zaniac

Wow, so Zodiac went full Quartz at some point? And the new owners of the brand in the late eighties/early nineties brought back the automatic in the point series and Super Sea Wolfs, etc? I didn't know Zodiac was ever full Quartz except maybe with the current brand owners.
You're right, I didn't notice the case number on the outside of the back! It's almost like a transitional piece or something ???
Chris

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign