News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Here we go again..another non-nineties Red Point

Started by zaniac, July 14, 2010, 03:02:19 PM

zaniac

# 250640184903
Another example of a small red dot like the 90's style watches, but looks like 80's.
I had shown one earlier a month or so on ebay. Funny, they're always out of the country.
And what is Longchamp? :o Maybe it's ladies only :-\
Chris

Butch

That is one of the 1980's Rado-look-alike Zodiacs. This watches in that era were smaller for men. I do not think they were popular in the US, although I have a Bulova from the same era that looks similar. Terrible time for watches in my opinion.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

zaniac

What was Zodiac thinking in the 80's? How could they go from such an awesome line of Sea Wolf, Super Sea Wolf, Astrographic, etc in the 70's to such junk in the 80's? Was Zodiac still owned by the same people in the 80's? It's like they did a complete about face or something. No wonder they eventually went bankrupt.
You see a lot of 60's and 70's Zodiacs of all kinds for sale, but hardly any 80's. Did they even still have the Sea Wolf and Super? Any 80's catalogs out there? What was their lineup like? Anything worth having?
Oh yeah, the Astroquartz...now that's definitely on my list of must haves ;)
Chris

jon p

::) ::)whew--now that is one UGLY watch, zodiac should have been ashamed to make that thing!! i bet the dude in bulgaria doesnt ever see his 450.00 for that one.  JON

Butch

I am not a fan of the 80's models and do not own a single one. With sales lagging they took another tact, and it flopped I am guessing. In my 80's catalog there are no sport watches, just dress watches that look like the Rados of that same time. Then in the 90's, under new ownership, they went back to their roots for sports watches (and some dress models) and emulated the Tag's of the time that had recently acquired Heuer.

I remember these LEDs from the 70's, Auction 200495180095. Great looking until you get them in the sun. I am not a big fan of the large funky watches from the 70's either. Every time I get an Astrographic, I have it restored, wear it once, remember i hate them, and sell it. <sigh> Of course, I have done that with every SSW too, but that is just because it is too big and heavy for my girly wrists...

zaniac

Thanks for the answers, Butch! Sometime when you're bored, I'd be curious to know if any of the watches in your 80's catalog has the red dot like the couple listed I've seen. It's odd they were doing this in the 80's and then under new owners in the 90's, they started the point collection with the red point being an option again.
I saw 200495180095. Boy that thing is big! Funny how the clasp isn't signed. It's hard to believe anybody could find a band other than original for that thing with the way it appears to attach to the case. Looks very unique!
I can't believe the seller hasn't had any offers :D
Any LED or LCD Zodiacs in your 80's catalog? I figured that fad was over by 1980.
Chris

Butch

Funny you should ask! EVERY watch in the 80's catalog has red dot between 4 and 5. Like it was a part of the logo. It is not until the 90's catalog that that company had different collects and different colored dots.

Sorry for the confusion, the LEDs are from the 70's. That was just an example of what I am not a fan of. The LED and the Astorquartz  (different models than are on eBay this week) are in my 75 catalog but not the 71.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign