News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

FS: Vintage Zodiac Aerospace GMT

Started by Chris W., July 15, 2010, 11:28:17 PM

Chris W.

I purchased two vintage Zodiac GMT's (see 1st picture, unrestored) and sent both to Butch Dunn of vintagezodiacs.com to be restored and this was the result.  Butch's watchmaker (when he used to have one) took the better one (the one on the right) and used parts from the second to restore it.  I think the results were fantastic.  See pictures.  The watch was restored and returned to me in August 2005.  I never wore this on a regular basis and it has primarily set in a watch box since that time.  I probably wore it a dozen times since then.  The restoration included full movement service, new crown (after market non-signed, non-screwdown ), new acrylic crystal (which I have just polished with polywatch, so scratch free), relumed and I believe a case polish.

Dimensions:
Case width without crown: 36mm
Lug to Lug: 42mm
Lug Spacing: 18mm

If you have ever wanted a vintage Zodiac GMT this is the watch for you.  This is not a big watch but has a great vintage size and feel. This watch just does not receive the wrist time it deserves so it needs to find a new home.  I wore it recently and it works just find, non-quick date movement and the date turns over exactly at midnight.

The watch comes on a black leather strap (as shown in picture) that I purchased from coolvintageswatches.com.  It's a Hadley-Roma's Oil Tan Leather strap.  I think it suits the watch perfect.  I will also include a signed presidental style metal Zodiac bracelet that came with the watch that was picked to be restored (see two watch pic).  The end pieces were modified to fit the bracelet so I'm guessing not original to the watch but it does fit the watch.  It just shy of 6 ½ inches without the watch attached but with the end pieces on.  So it will probably be around 7 ½ with watch attached.  So it should fit a good size wrist.  I will also include all the parts that Butch returned to me (original crystal, original crown) as well as a new old stock signed Zodiac Sea Wolf crown that Butch gave to me as well as one extra springbar (for whatever reason there is just one).

I'm asking $425.00 shipped in the CONUS.  Paypal no fees.  The watch is presently in Madison, Mississippi.

crispwill@hotmail.com

Chris W.

FS: Vintage Zodiac Aerospace GMT

Holycosmic

Is this GMT still for sale?  if yes, can you email me holycosmic@gmail.com

elouanewenn

hello,
i'm searching for a 24 hours resin bezel like the second watch. the post is old, but do you sell it ?
elouanewenn@gmail.com

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign