News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

1960s zodiac rivetied stretch band

Started by jon p, October 06, 2010, 11:27:46 AM

jon p

does anyone know if the springs can be replaced when they get weak or broken??   JON P

Butch

BWG will not touch them. They were machine made and a PITA to work on. AND, no one has the springs it seems.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

davec73

I might be in the minority but I love the stretch oyster band.  They're so comfortable but also very fragile given the age.  Slap one on a vintage Seawolf and they look sooo right. 

They can be pricey but if it was marked Rolex (which had a similar band), it'd be priced about five times as much.

jon p

i just bought one from BWG, it is on the way now. all springs are tight  now so i will treat it gently. it is going to look FINE on my white dial SW that BWG just restored for me! i AM lucky because i have a small wrist so i will probably have to adjust a couple of holes on the clasp. i wear one loose so i should not be putting any stretch on the band.i hope to get it to last for years as the watch is only worn every once in a while. i was afraid the could be a problem with this type band but it was the first one i have ever seen that did NOT have bad springs. wish me luck!!

davec73

That's awesome Jon!  Post a pic of it when you can.  The jubilees are more functional but the stretch oyster just looks so right.

I had one in really very good condition, sold it on ebay which I really regret and only got $40 or so for it.  Thought it would go for
at least $100.00.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign