News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New here, and have some questions.

Started by Pea Eye, February 27, 2011, 05:56:04 PM

Pea Eye

First off, I would like to introduce myself, and explain why I like the Zodiacs. My name is Gary and my Father was a demolition Navy Diver. Former Japanese POW, and he gave me his issued Zodiac Sea Wolf with the gold Bezel. I took it to a Jeweler in West Palm Bch,....I was young at that time. The jeweler told me that it was all rusted inside, that he couldn't do anything with it. So I put it in a drawer, and joined the military.The watch was lost somewhere in time and it's alway's been on my mind as my Father passed in 2006. I have, in 1977 purchased a Rolex Submariner since I was diving at the time, and have held on to it ever since. In which it is now being serviced as I type this.  I paid $500.00 at that time. I would have bought a Zodiac and would have preferred to, but didn't know of anyplace that sold them. I have been amazed at the Rolex as I have been pretty rough with it, but never misses a tick. I am now wanting a vintage 60's Sea Wolf. Being new here, are we able to (Barter/Trade) on this forum? Just asking.... Man!! You guy's have some really nice watches! Nice to meet you all and hope to hear from some of you.
"In every walk with Nature...One receives far more than he seeks".....John Muir

Pea Eye

Just a note to the above. I am a firearm collector. I have one H&K USP .40 I purchased new in 12/94. 5 boxes of rounds put through her and very nice condition. Looking for a  Vintage Sea Wolf. Preferably Late 60's model.

dawej

Hello and welcome!
Great story, always nice to hear from people with a genuine interest and the story behind it.

If you are looking for a vintage Zodiac Sea Wolf, I think the best place to look for it is ebay. I do the usual search every now and then and I would think there are maybe 2-3 new pieces every week. The condition and models vary however.

If you find watch your interested in but not sure of the condition/authenticity, you can always post it in the "I saw this Zodiac on the Internet..." and people can give their thoughts (is it original etc.).

Also, maybe this thread would suit better in the "Watch stories" sub-forum, so if you give the moderator, Butch, a notice I'm sure he will move this thread.

That Submariner of yours sounds really cool aswell, I would love to see some pictures.

/David

jon p

8) it is always great to add a new member to our forum!! there are always a lot of SEA WOLFS on ebay, just pick carefully and post it here to be sure it is correct. we have a watchmaker in CA we all use for repairs/ restorations. too bad you lost your old SW, there might have still been life in her in the right hands.  JON P

Pea Eye

It's been great meeting you guy's and I will post some Pics of the Submariner, when I get her back. ;)

Sea Wolf

Tell me more about the H&K USP .40.  Is it full size or compact?
Have any Colt 1911's you'd like to trade  ;D

What SeaWolf are you looking for, black face or white face?

I have a white face SeaWolf that is being restored right now by Butch's watch guy that we all use and it has the original band
with a new old stock dial, so it will look brand new when it returns.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Pea Eye

Hello Sea Wolf. I am trying to post a Pic of the H&K...... After the SW is overhauled,....Lets see her. Thanks....Gary

Pea Eye

Sea Wolf, here is the specs:Tot. Length=7.64 in.
                                        Barrel Length= 4.25 in.

Pea Eye

I just got my two favorite watches back from being overhauled.  The Rolex I bought new in 1976. The Bulova, I bought a few weeks ago. It's a 1958 "23" I believe, either that or it's a "Clipper", I don't know for sure, but I do know it's Birth year is 1958, because of the code on the case back which is L8. Now,...my Zodiac Sea Wolf is out there,  I just gotta find it.

dawej

Wow, that Submariner looks amazing! Surely it must be something really special to own such piece of vintage watch after you having been the first and only owner.

Pea Eye

It is truly a friend. Even helped me out of a few tight ones in life.

jon p

nice watches for sure,lookin good. i also collect vintage bulovas, mainly dive watches--snorkels, oceanogaphers. i also have an original sea wolf that i bought new at the px in 1968--a true original one owner. i just had BWG restore it back to its original glory, it is a black dial with date and original jb champion jubilee style bracelet. brings back a lot of memories of my army service. i like your sub, wish i could afford one! i have a fake green bezel i wear some times, its hard or impossible to tell from a real one.

Pea Eye

jon p,.....Thanks for the comments. I really like Auto wind watches. I like Bulova's because it reminds me of time past, more than any other. Don't worry about affording a rolex, I was 20 and saved for 3 years to buy this, it was $507 w/ tax. Who knew? I don't even know how I kept it all these years. Fate. I sure would like to see a photo of your SW. It's probably exactly what I'm lookin for. I like both the white and black face. When I find the one I want to purchase,...it will be cherished for sure. Well,...from one soldier to another,....Thanks.

jon p

pea eye---i havent been able to get my computer to post pics, i am still working on it. you WILL find a sea wolf, just be patient and shoot for the best, its better to pay a little more and get one already restored/serviced. restoring a beater can be a very expensive sometimes frustrating experience. parts are getting very hard to find. stay away from ones with missing bezels, talk about hard to find!! i looked for one for a friends zodiac gmt for 2.5 years before lucking up on one in pristine shape at a price that wasnt the national debt!! this is why we use butches watch guy to do our watches-he IS the GURU of zodiacs!!i have also had him do other brands with the same fantastic results. i share your love of old bulovas--there is just something really cool about them. it is nice to meet another retired service man--ARMY?? when??    JON P

davec

Hi Gary,

Thanks for sharing a wonderful story.  Love the Sub and the Bulova.  I know how important memories are.  I have my dad's old Titoni Cosmo King and treasure it, might've been one of the few nice things that he owned.

You will get your Seawolf and for a reasonable price on the bay.

I shudder to think the one day that ebay might run dry of Seawolves. 

best
Dave

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign