News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Three Dial wonder

Started by orangecorallimorph, March 15, 2011, 02:36:27 AM

orangecorallimorph

Hey was lurking about the 'bay and found this "unique "watch listed. The dial says Zodiac, the back appears to read Enicar. It appears that..... well, I don't know. Check it out fellas, and please comment as desired. listing#130497097107

Butch

Yeah, I saw that one. Wrong case back, redialed, and no picture of the movement. I emailed and asked for one.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

wonder what movement is in it?? the back is 100% enicar, looks like another franken-zodiac. does anyone know if zodiac ever made this style dial, it looks like the 30s-40s.

Butch

The seller responded and is trying to get me a picture of the movement. I am thinking, at a minimum, lost case back and the Enicar fit is so some watchmaker put it on. It is also possible that has been re-cased in an Enicar case and back, perhaps as a solid gold case was scrapped at some time? For its age, the gold plated case simply looks too good to me, but who really knows? The dial has obviously been redone.

In the Gallery under Misc. there is one like this, and of course I have 2 in my watches. FWIW, the one in the auction is certainly not the best example and I have already decided not to bid on it.

Butch

He has posted a picture of the movement now. It looks similar to the movement in one of my regulators. Here is a picture of mine.

The maker of both these movements was BOH but none of my sources tell me who that was.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/p7lsm_img_2/fullsize/Regulator1_fs.jpg

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign