News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

U.K. question

Started by orangecorallimorph, April 13, 2011, 12:57:07 AM

orangecorallimorph

Greetings gentlemen,
Was prowling around the 'bay and noticed this Seawolf from all the way across the pond. I can't recollect any pics of similiar model on this site.
item #230608317463. I  like the look of this Seawolf and was wondering if anyone had any ideas about the authenticity of this  model?
If it is not a genuine Seawolf, ie: possible"frankenwatch", I must say that it sure looks very attractive nonetheless.

Thanks for any comments, your friend, orangecorallimorph.

Butch

That is the dial and movement from an SST SW (the coffin shaped SW) in a different model SW case, and the bezel and retaining ring looks like on from a Super Sea Wolf, but seems skinnier?  I have no clue what that watch is and have never seen a Zodiac like that before. To be honest, I have not seen the case and bezel combo before.

An enigma for sure. I believe that towards the end of its life, THAT Zodiac company was mixing and matching parts from different models to make new models to sell (really brilliant marketing if you ask me, cheap too).   Example: http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/gallery/p7lsm_img_15/fullsize/15-SST5_fs.jpg

I think the price is so high it scares me away, coupled with the fact that if I did buy it, I would find it a tough sell later should I want/need to sell it. In all my catalogs there is nothing like it, but I do not have them all either.

My motto, when in doubt, pass. You were wise to ask, sorry I could not do better. Thank you for showing me this one.

The following is posted with the owner's permission.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign