News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

GMT varations

Started by jon p, April 28, 2011, 09:47:48 AM

jon p

i am trying to help a collector friend find a correct original GMT and whats on ebay is getting very confusing to say the least! see ##110675188261. is this correct hands and dial?red hand looks too long compared to some others i have seen. also, notice the little lume markers above the hour markers, is this correct? ## 110519537670 has these lume markers also on the white dial, but most i see do not have them. now we are REALLY CONFUSED! also, second hands are also confusing, some i see have a lume square near the tip, some dont. i told my friend i would try to figure it out, but maybe we would just have to pick one. i do know the EARLY  60s had skinny hands with a red arrow tip gmt hand with metal bezels,while later ones had plastic bezels with thick blunt hands. anyone have any feed back?

TJW

I think this GMT may be correct.  The longer GMT hand and the little squares by the hour markers seem to go together, at least I've seen quite a few examples of that configuration.  The movement number and the caseback number match.  The bezel is o.k. and the case and back hasn't been polished to within an inch of its' life.  Offer 200 and count on putting another 200-250 into it and you have yourself a decent GMT!  In any case, I wish your friend luck...GMTs rock 8)!
Toodles,  TJW

jon p

thanks for the fantastic input-----we will probably go for this one!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign